Thursday, 2 May 2013

MUP | Blush

Morning dears, Hope you all had a good night's rest.

Today, we'll be talking about the 'Blush'

The blush gives life and color to the face. It adds a splash of colour to your face and instantly brightens it up. Blush comes in different shades and colors, and like every other makeup product, there are different brands. A sweep of it on the apples of your cheeks can open up your face.....it's usually the last step of makeup application.



Blush is quite easy to apply, but you have to be careful not to overdo it and end up looking like Bobo the clown. Sometimes, you see a lady with two stark red or pink round patches on her cheeks all in the name of blush *cringes*.

Like every other aspect of applying makeup, blending is really important. Some blush brands are just unforgiving as in overly pigmented and hard to blend out. It's best to avoid such blushes and go for the sheer kind which you can comfortably build up to the intensity that you want.

There are different kinds of blush.....Powder (pressed or loose), cream (stick or compact), Gel and Mousse blushes.

POWDER
This is either in pressed or loose form. personally, i prefer the pressed kind because the loose one can get really messy.




Loose powder blush
 
Pressed powder blush
 The powder blush should be sheer and apply lightly on the apples of the cheeks and not plaster itself on the cheeks.


CREAM
The cream blush is just in a cream form and texture. Some come in compacts, while some are usually in a stick form



Cream blush in compact form

Cream blush in stick form
You usually smear a little on the apples of your cheeks and blend it out.

MOUSSE
The mousse blush is a soft and creamy whipped formular which feels really light. It's usually easy to apply and it's very blendable. It doesnt feel heavy, and it doesnt drag on the skin while being applied.



Mousse blush....note how light and air-whipped it looks.

GEL
Now, this one is in gel form and is usually water-based.





HOW I APPLY MY BLUSH

I love blush....the more neutral it is...the better. Sleek blush is really nice, and i plan to review some soon. Anyway, this is how i apply my blush.....

  • I get my contour/blush brush and pick up a little color
  • I smile and push up the apples of my cheecks or i suck in my cheeks to make a fish-face
  • Then i lightly sweep the brush on the apples of my cheeks and up towards my ears.
  • If im not satisfied with the color build-up, i brush on some more.

My blushes are either Sleek, Black radiance or Zaron....and i only use pressed powder blush.

I hope this post helped you today...even if it's just a tiny 'lil bit.

Have a wonderful day.

Abrazos.

post signature

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently it appears like Expression Engine is the top blogging platform available right now.
    (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

    Visit my homepage - Abercrombie & Fitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very soon this website will be famous among
    all blog users, due to it's fastidious articles or reviews

    Also visit my web blog: Click This Link

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with SEO?

    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good
    gains. If you know of any please share. Appreciate it!


    my web site ... bookmarks.subliminales.info

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever thought about publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information.
    I know my viewers would value your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel
    free to send me an e mail.

    Feel free to surf to my web site; Cheap NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the right web site for everyone who wants to understand this topic.
    You understand so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I really
    will need to…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a subject
    that has been discussed for years. Wonderful stuff, just great!


    My homepage - Wholesale Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fascinating discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I believe that you ought to write more on this subject, it may not be a taboo subject
    but typically folks don't talk about such subjects. To the next! Best wishes!!

    My blog post :: Bonuses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this article is good, my younger sister is analyzing these things, so I am going to tell her.


    Also visit my blog post; Michael Kors Canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your means of describing all in this article is in fact fastidious,
    all be capable of effortlessly understand it, Thanks a lot.


    Feel free to surf to my website; Nike Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure this article has touched all the internet
    viewers, its really really pleasant post on building
    up new web site.

    Here is my web site: Cheap Jerseys []

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....leave some. *Winks*